This is a project funded by NSF Award #1904444 under a Cooperative Agreement with Internet2 to manage a series of sub-awards to enable a selection of science projects to explore the use of commercial Cloud Services to advance their computational science needs.
WHAT's NEW? See the Phase 1 Project Presentations.
Connect with the project:
Slack channel: Contact Jamie Sunderland (jsunderland <at> internet2.edu) to request an invite
Email list: https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/info/ecas
- About ECAS
- The six project teams:
- San Diego Supercomputing Center (SDSC) - Accelerating Science by Integrating Commercial Cloud Resources in the CIPRES Science Gateway
- GWU George Washington University (GWU) - Development of BioCompute Objects for Integration into Galaxy in a Cloud Computing Environment
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Investigating Heterogeneous Computing at the Large Hadron Collider
- Purdue University - Building Clouds: Worldwide building typology modelling from images
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center - Deciphering the Brain's Neural Code Through Large-Scale Detailed Simulation of Motor Cortex Circuits
- University of Wisconsin Madison - Ice Cube computing in the cloud
- Project Schedule
- Project Reports: Project Reports on Google Drive
- Phase 1 Project Presentations.
- Summary of Lessons learned (Coming Soon)
Recent space activity