Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- An authorized user accesses an institutionally defined invitation management service to extend an invitation for a group membership or affiliation.
- The institutionally defined invitation management service generates an invitation email / URL for the external member to use in accepting the invitation.
- The external member is prompted to authenticate using an institutionally recognized credential (local campus credential, or external credential previously bound to local campus identity).
- If the external member has previously registered and established an institutional credential (or linked an external credential to an internal identity record) and is able to authenticate successfully, the Person Registration and Update service will register the new affiliation on the person (in the case of a new affiliation), or add a (Person Update | Group Update) message to the (Person | Group) Update queue.
- If the external member has not previously registered, they will be taken through an institutionally defined registration process, after which the Person Registration and Update service will be invoked. The Person Registration and Update service will register the person and the affiliation or group and will add a Person Update message to the Person Update queue.
- Remainder of registration follows the same flow as in New Person from Institutional Source System.