Identity APIs are generally used to convey attributes between systems. There is no shortage of interface-specific ways to specify attributes, this proliferation creates complexity in attribute mapping and implementations.
- Define an "abstract" (ie: not bound to any particular representation) dictionary of attributes for use in TAP APIs.
- Inclusive of attributes used between Systems of Record, Identity System components, and Provisioning Targets.
- Support local extensions, probably via some form of namespacing (prefixes, etc).
- Define a generic JSON representation of the abstract dictionary.
- Optionally map the dictionary to existing interfaces, including eduPerson, voPerson, and SCIM.
- Work with the Trust and Identity Document Steward and/or the REFEDs Schema Editorial Board to identify a proper home for this work.
- Original SOR-Registry Core Schema Specification and subsequent Core Attribute Specification derivative.
- TIER/TAP Minimal Registry Person Core Schema
- eduPerson 2020-01 and Markdown representation
- voPerson v1.1.0
- SCIM Core Schema (RFC 7643)
- schema.org Person attributes
- OIDC Standard Claim attributes
- IMS Enterprise Services Common Data Definitions