An External Identity is intended to represent any sort of identity external to the CO. Common examples of External Identities include
- Federated Identities
- Social Identities (Google, Facebook, etc)
- Research Identities (ORCID)
- ERP Records (PeopleSoft, Workday, Banner)
Date Model Elements
External Identities as reflected in Registry are considered read-only, changes must be made in the System of Record any sync'd back to Registry. External Identity records are not intended to be provisioned - they are an intermediate representation of the System of Record data and are intended for Registry Administrator use only. However, the Person record attributes generated from External Identity records may be edited, and may furthermore be frozen to preserve local overrides.
- Registry Table: external_identities
- Registry Table: external_identity_roles
- ExternalIdentity API v2
- ExternalIdentityRole API v2
Changes From Earlier Versions
As of Registry v5.0.0
- OrgIdentity was split into ExternalIdentity and ExternalIdentityRole.
- ExternalIdentity directly relates to Person (a Person may have multiple External Identities, but an External Identity can only belong to one Person). The CoOrgIdentityLink crosswalk has been eliminated and Organizational Identity Pooling support has been dropped.
affiliationwas replaced with