CACTI Call of Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019
- Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)
- Rob Carter, Duke
- Nathan Dors, U Washington
- Jill Gemmill, Clemson
- Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College
- Les LaCroix, Carleton College
- Kevin Morooney
- Ann West
- Nick Roy
- Jessica Coltrin
- Emily Eisbruch
- Mike Zawacki
- Marina Adomeit, SUNET
- Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO
- Tom Barton, University of Chicago
- Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech
- Tom Jordan, University of Wisc - Madison
- Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT
- Matthew Economou, InCommon TAC Representative to CACTI
- Steve Zoppi , Internet2
CACTI Face to Face at Tech Ex 2019 in December
ChrisP and Internet2 Trust and Identity leadership are working on agenda for the CACTI F2F on Dec 11.
- This will be a chance for reflection on the 2 years CACTI has been in existence. Gathering feedback and fine tuning. Likely to involve direction-setting for 2020.
Collaboration Success Program Kickoff was held in Colorado last week.
- The group included many new faces, which was excellent.
- There was discussion of the common pain points and challenges around IDM.
- One key was increasing understanding of what resources are available.
- Cohorts were formed.
- A project abstract was developed by each organization.
- Good program was developed that can be re-used in the future.
- Much interest in MidPoint. Solid interest in COmanage.
- Many have Banner solutions. Some have Peoplesoft.
2020 CACTI Membership
- Discussion of characteristics of candidates we hope to include on CACTI
- Three terms are up this year- Rob, Todd, and TomB,
- Rob and Todd have re-nominated
- TomB has decided not to serve another term on CACTI, would like others to participate
- Rob is agreeable to not serve another term on CACTI if there are others who CACTI would like to bring into the fold
- We have at least two seats to fill on CACTI, possibly more - between nine and fifteen members total, cf. charter
- Other Trust and Identity Governance or advisory groups have talked through list of nominees and have gotten it down to a smaller list for voting, based on what skills are needed
- ChrisP: we may also want to look at gap of what issues CACTI has been handling so far and other issues CACTI may want to handle to help us know which candidates are most valuable
- Suggestion for more CACTI focus on IAM implementation at small schools
- With TomB rolling off CACTI, there will be less expertise in the research space.
- Currently CACTI may be heavy on IDP operators.
- It would be good to have some commercial SP representation on CACTI.
- Many hard problems in the vendor replying party space
- Collaboration across R&E requires holistic view, more advocates for technology stacks could be helpful
- Proposed Timeline goals:
- notification of candidates by Nov. 30
- Voting for Chair and Vice Chair in early Dec.
- Voting proposal: Every voting member gets one vote per seat to be filled - you may use your votes to vote once for each seat, or multiple times for one or more seats, up to the total number of votes you have.
- Secret ballot - Google form which Jessica will supply
- Preview of chair process
- Vice-chair will coordinate with chair and flywheel on meeting agendas, fill in for chair in absences
- A chance to gain committee leadership experience
- Likely no need to modify the charter immediately regarding vice-chair.
- Nothing in the charter prevents vice chair
- When the new members are seated, we'll vote in a chair and, additionally this year, a vice-chair
- Do we need to modify the charter to account for a vice-chair?
Next CACTI Call: Tuesday Nov. 13, 2019