Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Attending

  Members

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)
  • Marina Adomeit, SUNET 
  • Tom Barton, University of Chicago   
  • Rob Carter, Duke  
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College  
  • Tom Jordan, University of Wisc - Madison   
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College 
  • Matthew Economou, InCommon TAC Representative to CACTI  

 Internet2 

  • Kevin Morooney   
  • Ann West   
  • Jessica Coltrin  

  Regrets

  • Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO 
  • Nathan Dors, U Washington  
  • Jill Gemmill, Clemson  
  • Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech   
  • Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT  
  • Steve Zoppi   
  • Nick Roy  
  • Emily Eisbruch  

DISCUSSION

Announcements

  • Nicole Harris announced Trust and Identity  town hall meeting in Stockholm in March 24-25,
  • https://eventr.geant.org/events/3250
  • This might be good for incoming CACTI chair to attend.    eduroam will be one of the topics. 
  • More info from Nicole's email: "As part of the Trust and Identity Workpackage within the GN4-3 project, we would like to invite you to attend a Trust and Identity Town Hall to take place from 24th March - 25th March 2020 in Stockholm.  Registration is now open at: https://eventr.geant.org/events/3250.  The programme for this event is still being created, but it is intended to be a open stakeholder event for all interested parties. " 

Tech Ex 2019 in New Orleans

CACTI Reflections

  • The three points of reflection:
    • Is the ratio of time spent aligning to time spent taking action, right?  What does it need to be over the next year or two?
    • Do we have the right kinds of voices, perspectives in the group?
    • How can we better utilize your time, expertise?

Summary of common themes sent to Jessica (Jessica) 

  •  Responses to Kevin's Request:
    • Members are enjoying being part of CACTI, and respect the breadth and expertise represented by the CACTI membership
    • Things to potentially improve CACTI going forward  include getting a better understanding of specifically where Kevin needs advice from CACTI
    • More direction and urgency and focused efforts would be helpful
  • Kevin stated that he has absorbed the feedback that CACTI may desire more direction from him
    • There has always been a balance between what Internet2 and InCommon sees as needs and what the community sees as needs/priorities. There has usually been a good blend of ideas, in an environment where we can’t afford many wrong turns/bad investments.  
    • It’s easier to maintain the balance if Internet2 staff/management are somewhat hesitant, less heavy handed, and primarily listen to the community’s priorities.
    • Inputs from  PAG, CACTI, InCommon TAC  etc. helps Internet2/InCommon management decide how to apportion resources.  


Discussion  on CACTI moving forward

  • Software as a service and cloud computing are key to the new environment and provide important challenges
  • Good story around the Campus Success Program / Collaboration Success Program. 
  • Defining a workplan could be helpful,  want to complement other ongoing activities. 
  • FIM4R recommendations prioritization, followup, and monitoring  would be useful
  • Issues around IDP as a Service are important, and the challenge of profiles and SAML2int
  • Other key topics include supporting interfederation, supporting best identity management practices on the campuses, growing the skill sets for the next generation of professionals are all important
  • How to engage with standards groups to be sure SAML2int advances? 
  • Measuring tools being used by the campuses


2020 CACTI Membership

  • Ballot: Please vote before end of business Nov 26, 2019
  • Jessica will send out results when voting for CACTI membership concludes.
  • Jessica will help CACTI with process on selection of CACTI chair and vice chair
  • Agreed  that having a vice chair would be helpful


Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (at TechEx)

  • No labels