Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attending

Members

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)   
  • Tom Barton, University of Chicago   
  • Rob Carter, Duke   
  • Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech    
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College   
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College   

Internet2 

  • Kevin Morooney   
  • Ann West   
  • Steve Zoppi    
  • Nick Roy  
  • Jessica Coltrin   
  • Emily Eisbruch   

Regrets

  • Tom Jordan, University of Wisc - Madison   
  • Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT    
  • Nathan Dors, U Washington  
  • Jill Gemmill, Clemson  
  • Marina Adomeit, GEANT
  • Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO 

New Action Item

AI (Nick) will work with MikeZ on preparing a final response to the eduroam AC charter consultation input, to be reviewed with CACTI via email 

Reminders/longer term

  • Slide deck for value proposition for research for the Trusted Access Platform (Jill and Ann)

Discussion

 BaseCAMP Aug 13-15, 2019,  Milwaukee

https://meetings.internet2.edu/2019-basecamp/

  • Hoping we will have eyes and ears at BaseCAMP to bring any relevant findings back to CACTI 
  • BaseCAMP is a welcoming hand for people who are new to the InCommon/ Trust and Identity community
  • KevinM:
    • BaseCAMP is an attempt to bring more people into the fold 
    • Attributes for Collaboration Working Group recommended making the tent bigger   http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.101.1
    • We plan to do BaseCAMP more than once, at least for 3 years. Some new events take time to take off.
    • BaseCAMP is a fundamental part of the InCommon Academy. 
    • InCommon Federation took time to grow, first 5 years, numbers were under 100 participants
  • ChrisP: BaseCAMP is also part of the FIM4R story of need for training

Fermilab event near Chicago, Sept 12, 2019

eduROAM Advisory Committee Charter Next Steps (Chris/Nick (MikeZ is out of the office this week))  

  • Input received in consultation is here: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/NwgSCQ
  • Mike Z has prepared responses/suggested courses of action for the community feedback
  • Some of the input from the consultation is relevant to the eAC charter, some of the input is more relevant to what the eAC will need to talk about once formed.
  • Suggestion to make things as generic as possible in the charter so terms won't become outdated.  
    • Note that "Community Anchor program" may change names.
  • CACTI discussed most of the suggestions from the consultation and approved of the proposed responses. 
  • AI (Nick) will work with MikeZ on preparing a final response to the eAAC charter consultation input, to be reviewed with CACTI via email 

Annual member cycle for committees (Jessica)

  • This process is an attempt to streamline membership recruitment, nomination, election and onboarding for InCommon governance and advisory committees
  • Includes process for nominations, voting, onboarding, officer elections
  • Common nomination page will help present a map of all the committees and encourage participation through clarity
  • In 2020, CACTI has a  rollover of several members.  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/qZGTBg
    • Will work with Jessica on this during 2020.
  • Comment: this new process will be helpful.


CACTI did not cover remaining items on agenda

  1.  Status Updates
    1. Close-out of MACE-DIR transition to REFEDS
      1. URN registry transfer - status
  2. Topics being tracked

    1. Background: https://lists.refeds.org/sympa/arc/refeds/2019-07/msg00010.html
    2. TAC is tracking and formulating thoughts on it.
    3. Scott Cantor believes there is very little impact from this, but load balancers where cookies contain relay state will be a much bigger problem.
    1. Build on last meetings outcomes focusing on the 5 areas we highlighted :
      1. infrastructure, services to end users, software dev, infrastructure as  a service, and outreach and education
      2. Focus of conversation: to identify high priority items/quick wins in the 
      3. above areas
    1. Same Site Chrome browser update cause grief (Nick or maybe Nathan?)
    2. Continue prioritizing CACTI FIM4R recommendations (Chris/Jill)

    3. ID Pro (Chris has next touch point)

Next Call: Tuesday, August 20, 2019

 

  • No labels