CACTI call of Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019
- Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)
- Tom Barton, University of Chicago
- Rob Carter, Duke
- Nathan Dors, U Washington
- Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech
- Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO
- Les LaCroix, Carleton College
- Matthew Economou, InCommon TAC Representative to CACTI
- Kevin Morooney
- Steve Zoppi
- Nick Roy
- Jessica Coltrin
- Mike Zawacki
- Marina Adomeit, GEANT
- Jill Gemmill, Clemson
- Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College
- Tom Jordan, University of Wisc - Madison
- Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT
- Ann West, Internet2
- Emily Eisbruch, Internet2
Trust and Identity Fall Review
- FIM4Rv2 Assessment for Internet2 Trust and Identity
- Kevin will be attending FIM4R meeting Sept. 12, 2019 in Chicago at Fermilab.
- Kevin hopes to help FIM4R create broader channels for its messages
- One of CACTI’s FIM4R recommendations was "Assessments of the Internet2 trust and identity solutions be performed at predetermined intervals"
- ChrisP developed a spreadsheet to start a fall Trust and Identity review.
- Chris encourages all CACTI members to contribute to the spreadsheet
- Thoughts and insights are welcome on structure and format. Feel free to contribute a comment (or question) in the strawman doc or add in a topic or item you don’t see.
- Needle has moved somewhat since the initial recommendations http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.112.1
- BaseCAMP (August 2019 in Milwaukee) fit into the goal (“Expertise in the use and implementation of these solutions in the field should be cultivated”). BaseCAMP can be seen as one accomplishment
Collaboration as a Service
- Regarding the Priority Recommendation: Invest in Areas to Support Collaboration-as-a-Service, what is the activity around this?
- Is there movement towards COmanage as a Service?
- CILogon has some features of collaboration as a service, but CILogon has limited subscribership.
- SteveZ: CACTI needs to define in what form Collaboration as a service should exist
- Suggestion to add info on where resources should be applied to advance each particular effort.
- AARC Blueprint is a foundation, there are multiple implementations, including eduteams , CILOGON , SATOSA
- COmanage is one approach.
- COmanage is not turnkey, enrollment flows must be defined, for example
- CACTI does not want to be in position of selecting winners and losers among “Collaboration as a Service” services and tools
- The Component Architects are looking at suggesting architectural patterns.
- Hope to reduce number of variables for the community as the community has requested this.
- Guidance is taken from the Collaboration Success Program experience. https://www.incommon.org/academy/csp/
- Grouper Deployment Guide is a good example of providing guidance for the community. http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.25.1
- Hope to provide other similar guidance documents for other elements of the architecture
- OIDC https://openid.net/connect/
- Plugin for IDP was released earlier in 2019.
- Hackathon Sept 23 in Copenhagen in connection with Nordunet
- AI Nathan summarize OIDC progress
Next CACTI Call: Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019