Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  


 

Attending

Members

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE  (Chair)   
  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago   
  • Rob Carter, Duke   
  • Nathan Dors, U. Washington   
  • Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College   
  • Tom Jordan, U. Wisc - Madison    
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College   

 Internet2  

  • Kevin Morooney
  • Ann West   
  • Emily Eisbruch   

Regrets:  Christos Kanellopoulos (GEANT),  Karen Herrington (Virginia Tech), Warren Anderson (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee LIGO), Steve Zoppi (Internet2)

 
 Action items here:   https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/GoPdBg  



DISCUSSION 

News/FYI: It was mentioned that WPA3 wireless and eduroam is emerging topic




Trust and Identity Roadmap and Model

Improving Communication on Working Group Accomplishments

  • Key is to be sure we are communicating about the results of the working groups

  • Education is part of the CACTI charter, per this CACTI Duty:
    • 
”Broadly share information of relevance with the R&E community about current activities in trust, identity, and associated middleware”

  • AnnW will connect with Internet2 project managers (Erin Murtha and Bill Kaufman) to present to CACTI on what they are planning in improving communication.

  • AnnW will speak to InCommon staff goals at next CACTI call

  • CACTI needs to firm up processes on informing Kevin and informing the community.  

  •  [AI] (ChrisP) will chat with Kevin on topic of communications


Blogs

  •  CACTI can coordinate/facilitate helpful blog posts on working group accomplishments
  •  Internet2 T&I newsletter could be a venue for blogs. 
  • There is a GEANT newsletter, and a GEANT community blog, and in the field blog

  • Suggestion to invite WG chairs to CACTI calls and then to produce a blog
 about WG accomplishments
  • When WG chairs come to a CACTI meeting, ask the WG chairs how CACTI can help connect their work to the community

    • Tom Jordan and ChrisP offer to help with blogs. Suggests rotating responsibility
 for authoring blogs.
  • Suggested topics for such blogs:  focus on what we trying to advance, such as OIDC, Discovery Services, non web sign-on,

  • Suggestion to create a list or rubric for topics for reporting and discussion
  • AnnH suggests SIRTFI as topic for 1st blog.  U. Chicago has been instrumental.
 
  • [AI] (TomB) author blog on SIRTFI



Updates on GÉANT workplan 


  • AnnH expressed thanks for the CACTI / InCommon input to the GEANT workplan. 
  • The GEANT project and planning committee is looking at the proposals. Then they will be reviewed by NRENs. The Trust and Identity paper was well received. 

  • Suggestion to start a strategy group to look at certificate services.  Contact Licia Florio if you have ideas on strategy or want to participate. 

  • TomB: Cert Services are being discussed in research operations. Need to integrate the SSL using APIs. Kubernetes and Let’s Encrypt
 are sometimes mentioned.
  • For current GEANT work plan, 
moving edugain support into production, this is a big change in scope of edugain service. More capabilities

  • Group and Attribute management for life sciences community, providing a common platform, IdentityHub provides bridging of social identities


Communications around international activities


  • How to inform Mark Scheible and TAC and the larger community about work items going on in GEANT?
 Suggestions:
    • Create blog post on “the things to keep an eye on” 

    • Create wiki page on the important places to check up to see what’s going on. “What’s the Story,” with a  lists of links

  • It was noted that it easy to spin things up for communication, harder to sustain them, and challenging to promote and push info out

  • It’s not about one blog post, it’s about an ongoing community education communications campaign.

  • We need better automated mechanisms for  blog posts pushing them out to the right people
  •  [AI] (ChrisP) will chat with KevinM on topic of communications

  • Keep in mind the IAM Online brand, it is a good shared tool


Updates on FIM4R


  • There will be a  FIM4E  meeting in Vienna, February 5-6


Affirm action items from call

  •  [AI] (ChrisP) will chat with KevinM on topic of communications

  •  [AI] (ChrisP) will communicate w MarkS on today’s discussion

  •  [AI] (TomB)  will author blog on SIRTFI



Next CACTI Call:  Tuesday, Jan. 23, at 11am ET