- Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)
- Tom Barton, U Chicago
- Rob Carter, Duke
- Nathan Dors, U Washington
- Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech
- Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College
- Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison
- Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT
- Les LaCroix, Carleton College
- Kevin Morooney
- Ann West
- Emily Eisbruch
- Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT
- Jill Gemmill, Clemson
- Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO
- Steve Zoppi, Internet2
Working Group Reports
Working Group Reports are collected here:
- TIER Working Groups: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/TWGH/TIER+Working+Group+Reports
- InCommon Working Groups: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/INCWG/InCommon+Working+Group+Reports
For future discussion:
- Best process on passing the working group reports along to CACTI.
- Is quarterly rather than monthly working group reporting sufficient?
FIM4R Gap Analysis and Recommendations Work
- Updates on latest outreach to InCommon TAC, CTAB, TIER Component Architects
- ChrisP met with AnnW, Mark Scheible, Janemarie Duh, DavidW and others about the FIM4R gaps/response process. Plan is for DavidW to develop a skeleton doc for the response. Need to engage CACTI with the working groups (Component Architects and CTAB) and DavidW.
- Karen and Jill have a plan to reach out and collect feedback.
- Component Architects meet every 2 weeks on Monday. Next call is Monday Aug 20.
- [AI] Emily set up call with Karen, Jill, DavidW, ChrisP to discuss steps forward for FIM4R gap analysis/response. DONE
- Introduction of CACTI-discuss list for public outreach and discussion of CACTI related topics
FIM4R blog: https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/16295
Review OIDF R&E Charter for feedback
- Link to Charter: https://github.com/daserzw/oidc-edu-wg/blob/master/charter.md
- 92 votes so far, voting extended for 1 week, ending today.
- Active “get the vote out” effort]
- Uninet (Andreas) has proposed a new potential approach, there may be attempts to harmonize the two approaches
- See:Topic-OpenIDConnect and OpenID Foundation
- A working group charter is being circulated for a R&E working group in OPENID Foundation. https://github.com/daserzw/oidc-edu-wg/blob/master/charter.md
- Nathan has raised questions about using “edu”. Suggested that R&E be in top level communication to emphasize the research aspect. It was agreed the charter should refer to R&E.
- Suggestion to call out more clearly in the charter the affiliations of those involved
- Suggestion to be clearer in charter about liaison relationships.
- Add IGTF to the list.
- Add a few of the research communities that some of the proposers listed represent
- One style of federation architecture or many? (Mesh, hub and spoke, proxying)
- All approaches in the R&E community should be integrated, focus on trust and diverse scopes of authority
- There are many angles in federation architecture and there is a need to experiment.
- We are at start of new era in technical approaches.
- Need several activities and discussion among those involved.
- REFEDs Federation 2.0 group could be the central point of meeting and discussion https://wiki.refeds.org/display/GROUPS/Federation+2.0
- Barrier to entry has been complexity of SAML. OPENID Connect is intended to make it easier and may solve more use cases than SAML
- However, federation operators often need to support all the needs of researchers, so need to support both SAML and OPENID Connect, need a foot in every pond, and there are increasing standards/ponds
- Would be good to raise up a level, find an overlay, a more general federation architecture approach, Edugain will need to wrestle with this.
- Christos: OpenID Connect tries to remap the federation landscape.
- This is a good conversation for Open CACTI meeting at 2018 TechEx
- Subsets will be interesting, such as SIFTFI relationship with OPENID connect. Interoperability is key.
MACE Dir Transition Status: Progressing
- In progress,
- Sunset Transition Doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MbsvYWA2dyQIE0fGUpzxu84ImQtwTESgB8e3VEQ_Z5w/edit#heading=h.pjiszqpbrsc4
- Proposed Requirements to transition eduPerson to REFEDS: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQnJFT-j7V4XsxgA4K8ozZzPVElLm_iB4cMQLXvuXn0/edit
TechEx in Orlando: 5 CACTI meetings left
- Today's call plus Aug. 21, Sept. 4 (1st day back after Labour day), Sept. 18, Oct. 2,
- Oct. 16, 2018 is start of TechEx18)
- open CACTI meeting at TechEx in Orlando (Thursday, Oct 18 at lunch )
Next CACTI Call: Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2018