- Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)
- Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO
- Rob Carter, Duke
- Jill Gemmill, Clemson
- Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College
- Les LaCroix, Carleton College
- Kevin Morooney
- Steve Zoppi
- Emily Eisbruch
- Tom Barton, U. Chicago
- Nathan Dors, U Washington
- Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT
- Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech \
- Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison
- Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT
- Ann West, Internet2
Action Item and Updates Review https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/GoPdBg (Updated Aug 6 )
New Action Item
[AI] (Les ) will work on the URN OID issue -- review the process and report back
URN OID Registries Shepherding
- URN OID Process will transition with sunsetting of MACE-Dir. Current process is described here
- [AI] (Les) work on the URN OID issue -- review the process and report back
Review of 2018 TechEx in Orlando
Notes from Open CACTI meeting at TechEx: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/koAnC
- pleased with the attendance at the Open CACTI meeting on Thursday of TechEx
- Good exchange of ideas
- focus on research; enjoyed seeing the different research projects that need support
- important to think about providing support to researchers on our campuses
- investment in preparing for TechEx paid off
- much enthusiasm around TIER and Grouper in particular
- felt like 3 conferences (Trust and Identity, Network, Cloud) at the same time
- logistically it was hard to cross pollinate
- intro of DevOps created a different audience expectation
- will be interesting to see how the DevOps work moves forward
- less abstract and more concrete
- ACAMP session on community building was useful https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E127Wn6mOMM1dNg__jaQ9XYCUjLd3pbqkDArDh9itr0/edit?usp=sharing
- Summer 2019 Trust and Identity conference boot camp / intro conference
- not many people are aware of this summer 2019 meeting
- Details are not yet in place
- here will be a program committee formed soon
- hope is to focus on introducing people to the community and how it works.
- Suggestion for a track for new people to get up to speed and meet more established members of the community
AI (Emily) send reminder to TAC, CTAB, Component Architects group and InCommon Steering reminding them to provide feedback on the FIM4R consultation (DONE)
- the CACTI FIM4R response draft group met on Friday, Oct 26, 2018
- pleased with the response to the FIM4R effort at the CACTI Open meeting at TechEx
- There were comments made at the Open CACTI meeting on operating the federation in general, not only about FIM4R
- To what extent to we just make recommendations about the running of the federation in general versus just addressing the FIM4R points?
- there is a bit of danger in leaping too far afield from what the FIM4R asks are.
- If it does not tie to research, it may not be in scope for the FIM4R response.
- IdP as a Service
- is a great concept. How does it tie to what is in the FIM4R paper?
- Also IdP as a Service means different things to different people
- It will be helpful to channel discussion on IDP as a Service to InCommon TAC.
- Important for IDP as a Service to be community defined.
- Implementation matters
- Federation sustainability is a topic CACTI may want to look at separately from the FIM4R response. Perhaps InCommon Steering has some concerns about this also.
- CACTI is addressing FIM4R because the research community got together and developed the paper.
- Other communities could also self assemble and enumerate their needs.
- Perhaps CACTI could enable this.
- ChrisP: good idea, this could be related to the Identerati topic. Could be a focus after the FIM4R response
Ann Harding departing from CACTI at end of 2018 due to change in job responsibilities.
- CACTI Charter http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.4.1
Suggestions for future CACTI calls
- ask RolandH to give CACTI a talk on direction of OIDC and SAML as an informational session.
- Perhaps also Davide Vaghetti (GARR)
- Suggestion to put Nathan on CACTI Agenda for next CACTI call to give info on OIDC
Next CACTI call - Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018