Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attending

  Members

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE  (chair)
  • Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO    
  • Rob Carter, Duke 
  • Jill Gemmill, Clemson 
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College 
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College   

  Internet2

  • Kevin Morooney 
  • Steve Zoppi  
  • Emily Eisbruch

  Regrets

  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago 
  • Nathan Dors, U Washington 
  • Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT
  • Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech  \
  • Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison   
  • Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT   
  • Ann West,  Internet2

Action Item and Updates Review  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/GoPdBg  (Updated Aug 6 )

New Action Item

[AI] (Les ) will work on the URN  OID issue -- review the process and report back

DISCUSSION   

URN OID Registries Shepherding

  • URN OID Process will transition with sunsetting of MACE-Dir. Current process is described here 
  • [AI] (Les) work on the URN  OID issue -- review the process and report back

Review of  2018 TechEx in Orlando

Notes from Open CACTI meeting at TechEx: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/koAnC

Comments  

  • pleased with the attendance at the Open CACTI meeting on Thursday of TechEx
  • Good exchange of ideas
  •  focus on research;  enjoyed seeing the different research projects that need support
  • important to think about providing support to researchers on our campuses
  • investment in preparing for TechEx paid off
  • much enthusiasm around TIER and Grouper in particular
  • felt like 3 conferences (Trust and Identity, Network, Cloud) at the same time
    • logistically it was hard to cross pollinate
  • intro of DevOps created  a different audience expectation
  • will be interesting to see how the DevOps work moves forward 
    • less abstract and more concrete
  • ACAMP session on community building was useful  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E127Wn6mOMM1dNg__jaQ9XYCUjLd3pbqkDArDh9itr0/edit?usp=sharing 
  • Summer 2019 Trust and Identity conference boot camp / intro conference 
    • not many people are aware of this summer 2019 meeting
    • Details are not yet in place  
    •  here will be a program committee formed soon
    • hope is to focus on introducing people to the community and how it works. 
    • Suggestion for a track for new people to get up to speed and meet more established members of the community

FIM4R     https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BRlg_G6z_33nZZeAbd7QeQCYQPrH6r4WfQo9M4e-PY0/edit 
Consultation   https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/EoMUC

AI (Emily) send reminder to TAC, CTAB, Component Architects group and InCommon Steering reminding them to provide feedback on the FIM4R consultation (DONE) 

  • the CACTI FIM4R response draft group met on  Friday, Oct 26, 2018 
  • pleased with the response to the FIM4R effort at the CACTI Open meeting at TechEx
  • There were comments made at the Open CACTI meeting on operating the federation in general, not only about FIM4R
  • To what extent to we just make recommendations about the running of the federation in general versus just addressing the FIM4R points? 
  •  there is a bit of danger in leaping too far afield from what the FIM4R asks are. 
  •  If it does not tie to research, it may not be in scope for the FIM4R response.
  • IdP as a Service 
    • is a great concept. How does it tie to what is in the FIM4R paper?  
    • Also IdP as a Service means different things to different people
    • It will be helpful to channel discussion on IDP as a Service to InCommon TAC.
    • Important for IDP as a Service to be community defined.  
    •  Implementation matters
  • Federation sustainability is a topic CACTI may want to look at separately from the FIM4R response.  Perhaps InCommon Steering has some concerns about this also.  
  •  CACTI is addressing FIM4R because the research community got together and developed the paper. 
  • Other communities could also self assemble and enumerate their needs.   
  • Perhaps CACTI could enable this. 
  • ChrisP:  good idea, this could be related to the Identerati topic.  Could be a focus after the FIM4R response


CACTI membership  

Ann Harding departing from CACTI at end of 2018 due to change in job responsibilities. 


Other

Suggestions for future CACTI calls

  • ask RolandH to give CACTI a talk on direction of OIDC and SAML as an informational session.
  • Perhaps also  Davide Vaghetti (GARR)
  • Suggestion to put Nathan on CACTI Agenda for next CACTI call to give info on OIDC


Next CACTI call -  Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018