Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Attending

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE    (chair)
  • Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO  
  • Rob Carter, Duke   
  • Nathan Dors, U Washington   
  • Jill Gemmill, Clemson   
  • Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT  
  • Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech    
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College   
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Regrets 

  • Tom Barton, U Chicago 
  • Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison  
  • Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT  
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College   
  • Kevin Morooney, Internet2
  • Ann West, Internet2 
  • Steve Zoppi, Internet2 

Action Items

  •  [AI] (ChrisP) email CACTI list about making the CACTI meeting at Tech Ex an Open meeting,     
  •  [AI] (ChrisP)  follow up on Kantara access issue w Deployment Profile WG.  
  • [AI] (ChrisP) take to the FIM4R authors team the question of where we record when items are tackled

Discussion

Kantara Access issue

  • Kantara is requiring personal details before giving access to some resources.

 [AI] ChrisP follow up on Kantara access issue with Deployment Profile WG.  


Highlights of TNC 2018 in Norway  

https://tnc18.geant.org/

    •  AnnH: REFEDs meeting was excellent. Much content. Some topics will be continued at 2018 TechEx in Orlando.

    • OPENID Connect meeting - good attendance

    • FIM4R paper was more detailed than in the past

    • Nathan,  Warren, Rob: Will appreciate suggestions of best presentations from TNC18 to review

    • AnnH suggests diagnostics for eduroam presentation.  https://tnc18.geant.org/core/presentation/130

    • KarenH: would like to share resources from TNC or elsewhere with the researchers at Virginia Tech to increase flow of info between IT and researchers

    • Jill: Clemson has had good relationship between IT and researchers. Jim Bottom is involved in Research Engagement Committee

    • All: if you find some interesting materials from the TNC18 archives, please share that link w the CACTI list.


      • presentation stream is here (90 min): https://tnc18.geant.org/core/session/51
      •  Lots of influential content – thoughts on how to gather feedback and how and places to ingest it?
      • Will the FIM4R publication be shared on FIM4R site?
      • DOI for the FIM4R doc is getting established now
      •  Comment: The section in FIM4R paper about constituent roles and requirements is not too useful in the PDF, but might be more useful if posted on the FIM4R website in another format

      • AnnH: issue of whether edugain is for researchers gets raised periodically.
        • Edugain has made much progress on this.
        • Awareness of the progress has been missing

      • KarenH: How do we know when pieces of the FIM4R paper are getting tackled?
      • [AI] ChrisP will take to the FIM4R authors team question of where we record when items are tackled

      • what next for the FIM4R paper?
      • CACTI should do deeper reading of FIM4R paper. Should share it with working groups

    •  There is work to get more communities involved and voting.
    •  Internet2 has become an OPENID Foundation member. 
    1. SURFnet will hopefully also become a member of OPENID Foundation.  
    • How to do internal community management?
    • Can REFEDs host a list of who is participating in OPENID Foundation ?
    • Implementing OIDC is also key
    • InCommon OIDC Working Group, chaired by Nathan, should wrap up around TechEx https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/jJiTBg
    • Should InCommon TAC play a role in OIDC deployment work?


Working Groups Focus

CACTI Meetings

8 CACTI meetings left until October TechEx in Orlando

        Others: July 10, July 24, Aug 7, Aug 21, Sept 4 (1st day back after Labour day), Sept 18, Oct 2, Oct 16 Start of TechEx18)

CACTI at 2018 Technology Exchange

  • Currently requested one hour CACTI meeting at TechEx  

  • [AI} Chris will email list about making the CACTI meeting at Tech Ex an OPEN meeting           


Next Call: Tuesday, July 10, 2018