- Chris Phillips, CANARIE (chair)
- Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO
- Rob Carter, Duke
- Nathan Dors, U Washington
- Jill Gemmill, Clemson
- Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT
- Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech
- Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College
- Emily Eisbruch, Internet2
- Tom Barton, U Chicago
- Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison
- Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT
- Les LaCroix, Carleton College
- Kevin Morooney, Internet2
- Ann West, Internet2
- Steve Zoppi, Internet2
- [AI] (ChrisP) email CACTI list about making the CACTI meeting at Tech Ex an Open meeting,
- [AI] (ChrisP) follow up on Kantara access issue w Deployment Profile WG.
- [AI] (ChrisP) take to the FIM4R authors team the question of where we record when items are tackled
Kantara Access issue
- Kantara is requiring personal details before giving access to some resources.
[AI] ChrisP follow up on Kantara access issue with Deployment Profile WG.
Highlights of TNC 2018 in Norway
AnnH: REFEDs meeting was excellent. Much content. Some topics will be continued at 2018 TechEx in Orlando.
OPENID Connect meeting - good attendance
FIM4R paper was more detailed than in the past
Nathan, Warren, Rob: Will appreciate suggestions of best presentations from TNC18 to review
AnnH suggests diagnostics for eduroam presentation. https://tnc18.geant.org/core/presentation/130
KarenH: would like to share resources from TNC or elsewhere with the researchers at Virginia Tech to increase flow of info between IT and researchers
Jill: Clemson has had good relationship between IT and researchers. Jim Bottom is involved in Research Engagement Committee
All: if you find some interesting materials from the TNC18 archives, please share that link w the CACTI list.
FIM4R paper is released (see link for 61 page pdf)- https://tnc18.geant.org/core/presentation/132
- presentation stream is here (90 min): https://tnc18.geant.org/core/session/51
- Lots of influential content – thoughts on how to gather feedback and how and places to ingest it?
- Will the FIM4R publication be shared on FIM4R site?
- DOI for the FIM4R doc is getting established now
- Comment: The section in FIM4R paper about constituent roles and requirements is not too useful in the PDF, but might be more useful if posted on the FIM4R website in another format
- AnnH: issue of whether edugain is for researchers gets raised periodically.
- Edugain has made much progress on this.
- Awareness of the progress has been missing
- Issue of the need to harmonize local and global federation approach. See Erik Huizer (CEO GEANT) presentation https://tnc18.geant.org/core/user/1754
- KarenH: How do we know when pieces of the FIM4R paper are getting tackled?
- [AI] ChrisP will take to the FIM4R authors team question of where we record when items are tackled
- what next for the FIM4R paper?
- CACTI should do deeper reading of FIM4R paper. Should share it with working groups
ChrisP did Presentation to REFEDS on MACE-DIR transition
Only had about 5 minutes to present
ChrisP is in continuing discussions with NicoleH and HeatherF about the transition process
OIDC progress on Federation Spec up for vote: http://openid.net/2018/06/08/public-review-period-for-openid-connect-federation-specification-started/
- There is work to get more communities involved and voting.
- Internet2 has become an OPENID Foundation member.
- SURFnet will hopefully also become a member of OPENID Foundation.
- How to do internal community management?
- Can REFEDs host a list of who is participating in OPENID Foundation ?
- Implementing OIDC is also key
- InCommon OIDC Working Group, chaired by Nathan, should wrap up around TechEx https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/jJiTBg
- Should InCommon TAC play a role in OIDC deployment work?
Working Groups Focus
MACE- Directories Working Group:
Sunset/ Transition plan
Recent MACE-Dir Working Group notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19OGEWazQ5Fr3vNt9hF1p10du6yLLOIoO5lWKxW7qbLc/edit
8 CACTI meetings left until October TechEx in Orlando
Others: July 10, July 24, Aug 7, Aug 21, Sept 4 (1st day back after Labour day), Sept 18, Oct 2, Oct 16 Start of TechEx18)
CACTI at 2018 Technology Exchange
Currently requested one hour CACTI meeting at TechEx
[AI} Chris will email list about making the CACTI meeting at Tech Ex an OPEN meeting
Next Call: Tuesday, July 10, 2018