Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Attending 

Members

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE    (chair)  
  • Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO  
  • Rob Carter, Duke   
  • Nathan Dors, U Washington   
  • Jill Gemmill, Clemson  
  • Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech    
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College   
  • Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT   
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College     

Internet2 

  • Kevin Morooney   
  • Ann West  
  • Emily Eisbruch  
  • David Walker  

Regrets

  • Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison   
  • Ann Harding, SWITCH/GEANT
  • Tom Barton, U Chicago 
  • Steve Zoppi , Internet2


New Action Items

[AI] ChrisP will reach out to Nicole about presenting the FIM4R response at REFEDs meeting on Monday Oct 15, 2018

DISCUSSION

FIM4R  Recommendations Progress   

  • David Walker has been working with Heather Flanagan and InCommon TAC around FIM4R response.
    • TAC will finalize the TAC input to the FIM4R response after the next TAC call.
  • ChrisP reached out to  CTAB re  input to FIM4R.  
  • Jill reviewed the Draft FIM4R Assessment doc being prepared    It was agreed that CACTI should aim to do prioritization of the feedback collected
    • If CACTI provides 30 recommendations to Kevin, then he and T&I leadership will need to figure out what to do.
    • Would look at time to completion, impact and resources intensity.
    • Would try to look at a blended portfolio, then vet that plan with the community
  • It will be very helpful if CACTI does some of this work before presenting their report to Kevin
  • CACTI could even conduct a vote on which are highest priorities. 
  • What are the most acute issues we should be working on as a community? 
  •  Impact on large versus small collaborations is significant: 
  • larger research collaborations can take care  of themselves and their IAM needs better than the smaller collaborations.  
  • Might be helpful to indicate how hard it would be to accomplish the recommendations.
  • In next two weeks, the FIM4R doc team will finish listing gaps and recommendations. 
  •  Oct. 2 CACTI will start evaluation and prioritizing.  


Planning for the open CACTI meeting at TechEx 

See proposed agenda below and welcome thoughts on topics for face-to-face discussion

  • TechEx in Orlando: only one meeting (Oct 2) left before Orlando
    • AI (ChrisP) will reach out to Nicole about presenting the FIM4R response at REFEDs meeting on Monday Oct 15, 2018

    • Kevin will mention FIM4R in his TechEx comments at REFEDs and elsewhere at TechEx  
      • open CACTI meeting at TechEx in Orlando
        • Thursday, Oct. 18 at lunch 10/18/18 12:10 PM - 1:30 PM 
      • Proposed Agenda for open CACTI  meeting. 
          1. FIM4R assessment (will this be our main presentation slot?)
          2. Outreach and engaging research platforms open discussion
            1. Continue the conversation on how to expand our reach to benefit other areas such as Pacific Research Platform and other efforts.
          3. An update on state/next steps of Sunset for MACE-DIR
          4. Open Mic for attendees
      • Also at TechEx there will be a joint InCommon Steering and Trust and Identity PAG call


Next CACTI Call: Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018