Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

 

Attending

  Members

  • Chris Phillips, CANARIE    (chair)  
  • Marina Adomeit, GEANT
  • Tom Barton, U. Chicago   
  • Rob Carter, Duke   
  • Nathan Dors, U Washington,    
  • Karen Herrington, Virginia Tech   
  • Les LaCroix, Carleton College  

   Internet2

  • Ann West   
  • Emily Eisbruch   

Regrets

  • Christos Kanellopoulos, GEANT   
  • Tom Jordan, U Wisc - Madison   
  • Todd Higgins, Franklin & Marshall College   
  • Warren Anderson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee /LIGO
  • Jill Gemmill, Clemson  
  • Steve Zoppi, Internet2  
  • Kevin Morooney, Internet2

Recent Action Items

  • [AI] Chris will discuss future of Security and Audit WG w chairs of CTAB and TAC
  • older: [AI] (ChrisP) follow up with Les and Christos on next steps for URN / OID registry.

CACTI Action items wiki:   https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/GoPdBg  

Discussion

Final CACTI call for 2018 - Thanks everyone for all the contributions in 2018! 

Introduction of InCommon BaseCAMP August 13-15, 2019 in Milwaukee 

  • Blog: https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/16932

  • Background is that Internet2 used to run intro to Access Management CAMPs, funded by NSF

  • CAMP morphed to presentation of more advanced case studies

  • Advance CAMP (ACAMP) gained an international flavor

  • In addition to maintaining the excellence of the yearly ACAMP Unconferences, it is good to get back helping new people get involved in the community

  • Chance for new people to learn about the federation and open source offerings

  • Recommendation (from Attributes for Collaboration Working Group http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.101.1 )  on how to foster collaboration, people don’t understand R&S, need for more education and engagement on ROI in federation

  • Internet2 Trust and Identity Division is working on rebranding under the InCommon brand, both the federation and the access management offerings.  InCommon brand has a broad reach.

  • InCommon Trusted Access Platform is the new overarching brand.  

  • InCommon Base CAMP will have IDP and SP tracks, possibly a DevOps track

  • Might offer and assessment exercise with project plans and peer connections as outcomes

  • Hope for about 100 participants at the InCommon BaseCAMP 

  • How can CACTI help with BaseCAMP?

  • Good to have “family” (experienced community members) attend

  • See 2018 
ACAMP session on building community

  • Likely there will not be an UnConference at  BaseCAMP… there will be a training aspect, and a project planning aspect

  • Comment: the BaseCAMP concept is great. It will be helpful to provide the training materials on the wiki?  for the community to use afterwards.

  • Hope the BaseCAMP will be an annual meeting

  • Training Plans

    • Internet2 Trust and Identity Division is working to identify an LMS platform for all training materials for our open source offerings.  Shibboleth will be the 1st to be moved to the LMS.

    • First step is a self paced course, including using the Federation Manager and Shib IDP. Issues of how to consume identity  also important

    • Marina will look into the moodle LMS platform behind the SIRTFI training

    • CANARIE is looking into short (under 2 minutes) training videos,

    • May need folks to serve on BaseCAMP program committee. If interested let AnnW know.

Cleaning up backlog

  • CACTI Work Items list - reviewed Dec 10, 2018

  •  Re TIER Security and Audit WG need … this is an old action item, the original TIER Security and Audit WG finished its work.  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/mQCoBQ

    • Among TIER architects, Tom Jordan reports, there is not a lot of discussion on policy and compliance aspects of security . Not much focus on risk management.

    • Les: what is value added compared to REN-ISAC? https://www.ren-isac.net/

    • Good to retire things without steam, such as need for this new working group

    • Security is central to everything we do

    • [AI] Chris will discuss future of Security and Audit WG with chairs of CTAB and TAC

  • Identerati, Identity Professional Activity see  CACTI Charter  http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.4.1

    • comments:

      •  collecting info from various meetings and activities and doing outreach and sharing are both important

      •  it’s hard to find the right way to share info so that  it doesn’t take up all the time

Reports from the Field 

  •   OIDC IAM Online - Wed Dec 12, 2018 - : OpenID Connect and OAuth in the R&E Community 

    • https://www.incommon.org/iamonline/ (Nathan)

    • Would be helpful for CACTI to keep pulse of all the activities and commit to report out in a particular format or venue.

    • Karen is particularly interested in how OAUTH and OpenID Connect works with IOT

    • It was noted that Eduroam and IOT is a big topic too

    • Internet2 Speed Read and Blogs are helpful vehicles for education.

    • Nathan and Davide promised a blog to go with the IAM Online

    • Hope to develop some recommendations, some call to action.

    • 3 audiences:  

      • interested, just tell me what to do (late adopter)

      • interested, how can i get involved (for your needs), and

      • Fully engaged' -- i want or have code or work

    • Where should each audience go to learn?

Extra reading - Working Groups updates


Next CACTI Meeting is Tuesday, January 8th (Tuesday, Dec 25 is a Holiday)

  • Topics for next call

    • eduTEAMS - overview and insight

    • Proposed final draft of CACTI FIM4R review

    • 2019 planning - closer collab with TAC + Chairs?