The DevOps collaboration group is focused on sharing what everyone learns in the DevOps space as we move services into AWS.
We are re-focusing the group around monthly sharing meetings where we will will talk about topics we're all working with.
Please feel free to add additional child pages as sub-topics as we flesh this out.
- infrastructure design
- iam policy in AWS
- orchestration tools(ansible, puppet, chef, etc)
- root credential management
- containerization (kubernetes vs ecs vs docker datacenter, etc)
- immutable infrastructure
- issues schools are facing
- Ability to store the container images (docker allows 1 free per email address unless we buy in or set up our own container for images)
- Consistency in the images we create (some versions may be specific to software that is needed and custom built, but we would want to start with the standard Ruby/Node to make sure upgrades are managed well)
- Deployment via Jenkins scripts that would allow teams to deploy on their own without central management / tickets
- Managing backup, redundancy, failover, etc. on INF side or via the cloud provider