Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time

Final Program

Program Committee Notes

Thursday June 16

 

 

7:30-8:30

Breakfast

 

8:30-9:00

The Identity Services Summit in a Nutshell
Welcome to the Identity Services Summit for Higher Ed Open/Community-Source Projects. This session will provide  an overview of the goals and plans for the Advanced CAMP and offer a framework for our discussion over the next day and a half.

Tom Barton

Highlight Tom's Diagram
From the Abstract:
Meeting participants will:

  • discuss IAM structures and services, and the relationship between applications and organizational infrastructure
  • look closely at possible common integration solutions like Kuali IdM (KIM) and Internet2 COmanage
  • consider the identity needs for service/process access as well as end-user access
  • learn from the experiences of real sites about identity integration issues
  • review the modern Internet identity landscape, including the role of services like Facebook and technologies like OpenID, OAuth, and SAML and their potential role in solving problems for extended communities.

9:00-10:00

Project Assessments of Identity and Access Management Challenges: Kuali Projects
To get us started with understanding identity services requirements, representatives from the Kuali Projects will provide overviews of their key challenges relating to identity and access management.

Ailish Byrne (Kuali Fin); Jens Haeusser (Kuali Student); Eric Westfall (Kuali-Rice)


10:00-10:15

Break

 

10:15-11:30

Project Assessments of Identity and Access Management Challenges: Sakai and uPortal
Continuing to explore identity services requirements, representatives from the Sakai and uPortal Projects will provide overviews of their key challenges relating to identity and access management.
Andrew Petro, Unicon; Ray Davis, UC-Berkeley


11:30-1:00

Lunch

 

1:00-2:00

Lightning Talks: Attendee Contributions of Identity and Access Management Challenges
What other systems or projects have identity and access management challenges? Attendees will have a chance to help shape the requirements list by offering a lightning talk about a system, project, or challenge they are working on that may help deepen the collective thought. This session will be moderated by members of the Program Committee.

5min pres/5min disc can evolve to 5/10
dspace, fedora to present here
this could also include people who have deployed commercials apps (Confluence, Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Live, Oracle Financials)
could also include homegrown apps
Grace Agnew (OLE)
Gary Schwartz, Bedework
Jim Basney (NCSA)

2:00-2:15

Break

 

2:15-5:00

Distilling the Themes and Developing Requirements
Now that the group has a list of examples in hand, we'll identify the common problem interfaces and develop a list of requirements. This session will be moderated by members of the Program Committee.

Interface problems we need to focus on and boiling down
Break Outs - Requirements for the Top 4 from 1:00
Facilitated DIscussion - Report Back
Moderators: Bob Morgan and Jens Haeusser

5:30-7:00

Reception

 

 

 

 

Friday June 19

 

 

7:30-8:30

Breakfast

 

8:30-10:15

Scanning the Environment: Current Tools and Approaches Survey and Gap Analysis
Given our discussions the previous day, what tools and approaches are available for projects and campuses to review in light of the emerging requirements? And what's missing? This session will outline the offerings, primaily in the open-source community (such as Shibboleth and OpenRegistry), and discuss the likelihood of each fitting with our identified needs. The group will then identify the missing pieces that still need to be developed or determined. This session will be moderated by members of the Program Committee.

Level set brief - 15 min
need background - what's this about and major capabilities.
Common one pager - overview of project, futures/challenges.
Spin into reviewing identity services against requirements
Shibboleth, OpenRegistry,
Also should include facilitated Discussion - What's missing? Where are the gaps?
Program Committee to decide night before how to approach this session.
Moderators: Bob Morgan and Jens Haeusser

10:15-10:45

Break

 

10:45-Noon

Next Steps and Action Items
Our work thus far has included developing a list of requirements based on project and attendee needs, determining if the items can be addressed by current tools, and identifying the gaps that result. In this discussion session, workshop leaders and attendees will determine next steps and action items for moving forward. This session will be moderated by members of the Program Committee.

From the Abstract:

  • identifying new IAM requirements for current projects
  • creating opportunities for new IAM-oriented projects
  • improving channels for collaboration among IAM-related projects
  • increasing the alignment of complementary work among projects
  • enhancing the understanding of the changing identity landscape
    Program committee to decide the night before how to approach this session.
  • Moderators: Bob Morgan and Jens Haeusser

 

ACAMP Ends

 

  • No labels